CougarWeb is temporarily unavailable. More
Specific Program Admission Information
Listed below are additional requirements for admission to the Sterile Processing program.
• College Placement Testing
• Placement testing into or completion of MATH 1030. A student who has college algebra transfer credit (grade of "C" or better) is not required to take the placement test.
• Placement testing into ENGL 1100 or completion of ENGL 1100. Student who has college transfer credit for ENGL 1100 is not required to take the placement test.
• Course completion of the following:
1. High school graduate or GED equivalency
2. Completion of high school physics within the last three years or PHYS 0100 Introduction to Physics
3. High school biology (grade of "C" or better) within the past five years or BIO 0100 or BIO 1101 (with a grade of "C" or better).
• College Course Completion (or successful completion of equivalent approved training):
1. CHEM 1113 with grade of "C" or better
2. NURC 1001 Nurse-Aide Training Program
3. NURC 1102 Patient Care Skills
4. HIMT 1121 Advanced Medical Terminology
• Grade Point Average of 2.5 or better in courses related to the Sterile Processing Technology plan of study.
Upon acceptance into the Sterile Processing Technology degree program, the following additional items are required to be completed by the student before registration for autumn semester will be allowed:
• MULT 1020 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
• Completed Health Record on file at the Health Records Office, including drug testing and background check.
NOTE: CHECK WITH YOUR ADVISER, AS THE ADMISSION CRITERIA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Draft Plan of Studies for Autumn Semester 2016 are available upon request. Health & Human Services Advising Center is available to assist you on your new career path HHSadvising@cscc.edu (614)287-2779.
2017 Admission Mandatory Information Sessions will be posted Autumn 2016.
NO RESERVATION REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE INFORMATION SESSIONS