CougarWeb is temporarily unavailable. More
The English Department offers both a Writing Center and an Online Writing Center.
The Columbus State Community College Writing Center is a free one-on-one tutorial service for students, faculty, and staff.
Tutors work with writers on a variety of projects such as essay assignments, research papers, résumés, business letters, lab reports, and scholarship applications. Tutors can help with any stage of the writing process, from generating ideas to revising and polishing.
Columbus Campus Writing Center
Library (102 Columbus Hall)
Hours: Check tutoring.cscc.edu for hours
To schedule an appointment: Visit tutoring.cscc.edu. Under "Center," choose "Writing Center - In Person," and then follow the prompts to make your appointment. You'll receive an email confirming your scheduled time.
Delaware, Dublin, Gahanna, Reynoldsburg, and Westerville Writing Centers
Please call or email for hours and room locations.
For further information about the writing center, contact Deborah Bertsch, Writing Center Coordinator, at email@example.com.
The Online Writing Center offers the following:
- Real-time/live tutoring sessions with a CSCC writing faculty member over your computer
- Written feedback on any writing assignment or project, with feedback guaranteed within 48 hours
- A Quick Questions discussion board where you can post a brief question and receive an answer within twelve hours
- Writing Links to outside web resources about writing and research
- Writing Lectures about all stages of the writing process (video format or written format)
For access to the OWC, students should log into Blackboard and check under "My Organizations" and click on the appropriate OWC link listed there.
Delaware Campus Tutoring