ATTENTION: College offices closed for business through Jan. 1. More.
"I belong, you belong, we belong to each other. Building a community of diversity."
Our vision is to create educated and mindful citizens of the world.
In working to build and sustain an inclusive community at Columbus State Community College, the Diversity and Study Abroad mission is to shape and support educational opportunities for authentic campus and community belonging through the practice of human engagement.
We strive to:
• Educate others and ourselves away from (in spite of) fear
• Guide the discovery and engagement of diversity that is all around us
• Tell the stories of the powerless and the powerful
• Awaken curiosity to explore common ground
• Develop individuals' abilities to practice open-mindedness
• Design opportunities for community belonging
• Create spaces for local-to-global cultural exchanges
• Facilitate conversations that create purposeful inclusion