ATTENTION: College offices closed for business through Jan. 1. More.
- Identify essential functions, abilities, skills and knowledge of their courses and evaluate students on this basis.
- Provide accommodations to students registered with Disability Services.
- Include syllabus statement regarding Disability Services on the syllabus.
- Treat all disability related information as confidential.
- Act immediately upon getting a students request for accommodations by contacting Disability Services (if unsure about request) and by providing the service.
- Complete a Test Administration sheet when you send over an exam.
- Ensure that all audio visual materials are accessible (i.e. closed captioned) for on-campus and distance learning classes
- Fill out Test Administration Request form (.docx)
- Submit to Disability Services by email email@example.com or fax # 287-6054
- Submit all tests 48 hrs prior to administration
- One Test Administration form per student, per test
- Extra time= Double time
- Details in 'comment section' of Test Administration form if special instructions are necessary
- Please include a 'must be taken by date' on Test Administration form
- Students are encouraged to take test same date and time as class
- Test return instructions on Test Administration form (Inner office mail or pick up by faculty)
- There are legal considerations when you have a student with a disability asking for an accommodation. Check out the laws that apply to accommodating students with disabilities in higher education.
- Syllabus Statement...Every syllabus must contain the following statement on reasonable
"It is Columbus State policy to provide reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities. If you would like to request such accommodations because of a physical, mental or learning disability, please contact the Department of Disability Services, 101 Eibling, 614.287.2570 (V/TTY)".
Information about language and disability and disability etiquette may help you feel more comfortable in how you communicate about disabilities.
- How to use Sign Language Interpreters Effectively
- Sign Language Fast Facts
View the Accommodation Description Form for a definition of a student's approved accommodations
- Captioned Media Guide
- Captioned Media Request Form
Eibling Hall 101
Testing Desk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Office Hours
Monday - Thursday
8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(Scheduled Appointments Only)
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday and Wednesday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.