Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Fitness Center Policies
The Department of Athletics and College Recreation's rules for the Columbus State fitness center are as follows:
All students, staff, and faculty must present a Cougar Card photo ID when entering the fitness center. Cards that are expired or without the current quarter’s sticker are invalid.
Fitness Center Staff reserves the right to request identification at any time.
Failure to legibly sign-in with your printed name, signature, Cougar ID and arrival time notation may result in the loss of your fitness center privileges.
Items and activities prohibited in the Fitness Center:
- Food, gum, and beverages Note: Bottled Water or drinks with reclosable tops only, no carry-out food or drinks in cups.
- Digital cameras, web cams, cameras, and video recorders (unless prior permission is granted by CSCC).
- Chewing tobacco, smoking and use of the facility while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Bicycles, strollers, skateboards and skates.
- Animals (except dogs assisting disabled individuals).
- Cell phone use.
- Listening to personal music without headphones.
- Posting announcements, flyers, posters, etc., on building walls, windows, lockers, and/or doors.
Wipe off equipment after each use with a towel and disinfectant. Disinfectant and towels are provided by the fitness center.
Exercising in street clothes is prohibited - Jeans are not permitted. You must wear appropriate exercise apparel and laced, non-marking, athletic or tennis shoes when using the fitness center.
Shirts must be worn. Shorts and pants must be secured at the waist. Sagging is not permitted.
Do not change clothes in the fitness center. Use the locker room. Gym bags, back packs, and personal gear must be stored in a locked locker in the locker room or in a cubby in the fitness center. CSCC and its employees are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
Please report injuries and facility or equipment problems to Fitness Center staff immediately.
You must sign up to use cardiovascular machines. Use each machine for its intended purpose.
Dropping or slamming weights is not permitted.
No loitering. Spectators are not allowed in the fitness center.
No profanity, yelling, or verbal abuse.
All participants must adhere to the Student Code of Conduct policies and these rules including any additional rules posted in the fitness center.
All participants in Fitness Center activities participate at their own risk.