Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Student Success Initiatives
Student Success has been our main goal since day one, and we're ramping up our efforts. Our dedicated faculty and advisors, helpful staff, comprehensive programs and services, cutting-edge technology, and community and university connections all create opportunities for our students that are simply beyond measure.
A number of projects are under way to enhance our students’ experience from application to graduation:
- Orientation | First Year Experience: A pilot program will launch in Summer 2014 to better prepare recent high school graduates for their start at the college.
- Honors Program: Beginning Autumn Semester 2014, Columbus State will offer an Honors Program, giving high-ability students the opportunity to join a community of like-minded individuals who desire the benefits of rigorous curriculum and heightened student/faculty interaction.
- Learning Communities: Registration is underway for the Arts & Sciences Learning Community, which will allow a group of students to take at least two courses together during their first semester.
- Textbook Affordability: Combined efforts have already saved students over $1 million dollars since July 2013.
- Achieving the Dream: Columbus State joined Achieving the Dream, a national reform network aimed at college success, in 2013. The Achieving the Dream framework brings a data-driven approach to our student success work.
Check back regularly for updates. If you have questions or would like to get involved with our success initiatives, please contact: SSC@cscc.edu.