ATTENTION: College offices closed for business through Jan. 1. More.
Master Planning Project
Envision the Future
Want to be contacted when new information about Master Planning is posted on the web? To sign up for updates, send an email to email@example.com.
Columbus State Community College is one of the largest community colleges in the State of Ohio, serving over 30,000 students at its Columbus and Delaware campuses, through its on-line program, and at 10 sites located within its four-county district.
Through this master planning process the College intends to develop a long-range plan that will address its role in meeting the higher education needs of central Ohioans. A master plan will provide a context for articulating strategic priorities and making informed decisions on how resources can be used most effectively to meet students’ access and success needs.
Several challenges and opportunities that face Columbus State will be considered in the Master Planning process, including:
1. A rapidly changing world that requires flexibility in strategy and execution.
2. Technological advances that impact on how teachers teach and students learn.
3. Increasing reliance on student tuition and fees to fund operational and other needs as funding from the State of Ohio is reduced in proportion to a growing student population.
4. Space utilization that will better advance student success and a stronger sense of community.
5. A clear and strong desire for community engagement in developing sustainable mutually beneficial partnerships that advance the community’s greater good.
6. Integration of existing plans into one Master Plan, including the campus safety plan, the sustainability plan, and a facilities assessment plan.
We will engage the Columbus State community and stakeholders from throughout our four-county service district throughout this planning process.