Healthcare Programs Admission Tests
The Testing & Talent Assessment Center schedules, administers and proctors the various exams used by the CSCC Healthcare programs for their testing as part of a set of rigorous criteria utilized in selecting candidates for admission into their respective programs.
Candidates begin the process by contacting the Healthcare Program Coordinator to obtain an admissions packet. Within the admissions packet is information regarding the specific required admission exam, payment process and steps to take to schedule the exam with the Testing Center. The candidate is to bring the payment receipt and picture ID to the Testing Center to schedule and take the exam. Candidates receive their scores immediately upon completing the exam and their scores are also sent directly to the Healthcare Program Coordinator.
Healthcare Program Coordinator Contact Information
- RN – Deborah Robinson Ph: 287-2506 E-mail: email@example.com
A2 Exam – Cost: $45 first time testing/$65 retake testing
- LPN – Patricia Haaser Ph: 287-5397 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A2 Exam – Cost: $45/$65 – OR – TEAS Exam – Cost: $60/$75
- Carolyn Steffl Ph: 287-2519 E-mail: email@example.com
A2 Exam – Cost: $45/$65
Other - All Other Allied Health Professions Programs use the HOBET Exam – Cost: $50/$65
- Multi-Competency Health/MLT – Tywan Banks, Ph: 287-2319; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Respiratory Care – Don Durst, Ph: 287-3655; E-mail: email@example.com
- Radiography/RAD – Shawndeia Thomas, Ph: 287-2317; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dental Hygiene – Don Durst, Ph: 287-3655; E-mail: email@example.com
- Veterinary Technology – Kelly Fannin, Ph: 287-5135; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nuclear Medicine Technology – Rodger Stinson, Ph: 287-5768; E-mail: email@example.com
A2 Exam – The Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) Admission Assessment Information
Completion of the A2 Exam with a minimum score of 75 is required for admission to the RN, LPN, and Paramedic programs. This score reflects the necessary reading, science, and math knowledge foundation to be successful in these programs. A2 exam scores from other schools will not be accepted.
The Healthcare Programs will maintain scores for four years. The exam takes approximately 6 hours to complete. There is a six month waiting period before retesting is allowed. The candidate is allowed only one retesting to achieve a minimum 75 score. The Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Exam Review by HESI Study Guide is available for purchase at the College Bookstore.
Admission Assessment (A2) Exam Component Content Information
- Math: 50 items on math skills needed for health care fields, including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, household measures, general math facts, etc. (50 min.)
- Reading Comprehension: 47 items on reading scenarios to measure reading comprehension, identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words in context, passage comprehension, making logical inferences, etc. (60 min.)
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge: 50 items containing vocabulary terms that are commonly used in both general English speaking settings and in health care fields. (50 min.)
- Grammar: 50 items on basic grammar, including parts of speech, important terms and their uses, commonly occurring grammatical errors, etc. (50 min.)
- Chemistry: 25 items that cover matter, chemical equations and reactions, the periodic table, atomic structure, nuclear chemistry, chemical bonding, etc. (25 min.)
- Anatomy and Physiology: 25 items on general terminology and anatomical structures and systems. (25 min.)
- Biology: 25 items on biology basics, water, biological molecules, metabolism, cells, cellular respiration, photosynthesis, etc. (25 min.)
- Learning Styles: 14 items on preferred learning styles. (15 min.)
- Personality Style: 15 items on personality attributes related to preferred learning style. Candidates receive a printout with study tips based on their learning style and personality profile. (15 min.)
TEAS Exam – The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) from ATI
The TEAS V Exam is a proven statistically significant predictor of early nursing school success. The TEAS V measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of Reading, Math, Science, and English and language usage. The exam is intended for us primarily with adult nursing program applicants. The LPN Program does not count the Science score when weighing applicant selection decisions. The exam takes approximately 2.5 hrs and there is a two-month waiting period before retesting is allowed.
TEAS V Exam Component Content Information
- Reading: 42 items and a minimum score of 73% is required
- Math: 30 items and a minimum score of 60% (with no calculator use) is required
- English and Language Usage: 30 items and a minimum score of 63% is required
- Candidate must set up a student account at www.atitesting.com before taking the exam
- The TEAS V Study Guide is available at the DX Bookstore for purchase. The ATI Website also has practice tests for purchase at their online store
HOBET Exam – The Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test (HOBET V) from ATI Allied Health
The HOBET V Exam is a proven exam that helps identify candidates with the best chance of success in the Allied Health fields. This exam assesses the general academic preparedness of candidates entering an Allied Health program in the areas of Science, Mathematics, Reading and English and Language Usage. Each CSCC Allied Health programs have their respective program minimum score requirements for consideration for program entry.
HOBET V Exam Component Content Information
- Reading: 48 items are on paragraph and passage comprehension and informational source comprehension
- Math: 34 items are on number and operations, algebraic applications, data interpretation and measurement
- Science: 54 items are on human body science, life science, earth and physical science, and scientific reasoning
- English and Language Usage: 34 items are on grammar and word meaning in context, spelling and punctuation, and structure
- Study Guides and Practice Tests are available for purchase at CSCC DX Bookstore and www.ATIalliedhealth.com.