Human Resources - Course Summary
SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation
Enhance your professional expertise and prepare for HR certification with the SHRM Learning System® course. This award-winning course serves as a review/study course for those seeking certification as Professional Human Resource (PHR®) or Senior Professional Human Resource (SPHR®). Many HR professional find that national certification gives them an edge in the workplace:
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of human resource skills
- Shows commitment to continued learning in the field
- Aids career advancement
Columbus State was recently awarded a certificate of recognition by SHRM. Students who have successfully completed this preparation class have passed the SPHR and PHR portions at a rate of 100%. The National Pass Rate is only 52% for SPHR and 57% for the PHR portion.
- Business Management and Strategy
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Human Resource Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Risk Management
Course Number: CPEHRM-100-001
Course Investment Includes:
- 39 hours of classroom instruction
- SHRM Learning System® materials
- Access on-line SHRM Learning System® Resource Center
- Instructor hand-outs
- If for some reason, you do not pass the exam, you are welcome to audit all/portions of our next preparation course in the spring 2011.
Who should take this program:
Participants preparing to take the PHR or SPHR examination who have the required combination of education and work experience; participants seeking continuing professional education development or a broad overview of the HR field; GPHR designees needing recertification credit.
For course dates view the schedule.
Earn up to 35 recertification credits. Individuals who have their PHR or SPHR designations cannot use this course for recertification credit toward that designation. Individuals who have their GPHR can use this course for 35 recertification towards their designation.