Center for Workforce Development
In today’s economy, you either respond to change or lose. Let our knowledgeable professionals at the Center for Workforce Development assist you in analyzing workplace skills and productivity needs to develop a comprehensive approach to talent and productivity needs.
Organizations look to optimize their learning and performance strategy to best address current challenges and drive business success. The pains you’re feeling in this economy can be handled in a very strategic and successful manner. Today’s challenges are tomorrow’s opportunities. We can help you work through these organizational challenges.
Changing demographics may hamper the organizations need to upgrade
workers skills if language and cultural differences are not
addressed first. As new technologies are developed workers with
language or cultural barriers may not be able to fully embrace
training efforts aimed at advancing their knowledge.
- Managing a culturally diverse workgroup
- Inability to advance workers from current positions
- Language communication issues
- Cultural differences issues
- Age disparity
- Succession planning
- English as a Second Language
- Foreign Language Training
- Cultural and Diversity Awareness
- Generational Differences
- Cross-cultural Communication
Being an effective leader involves much more than just getting things done. This strategy includes training in personal, interpersonal and group skills to be influential in one-on-one situations, facilitate group performance and become an overall effective and valued leader. Levels include new supervisors to the advanced leader.
- Grow leaders more rapidly
- Identify leaders
- Provide help to new and existing leaders
- Succession Planning
- Skills gap for managers and supervisors
- Lack of people in pipeline(retiring workforce)
Skills-Based Leadership/Supervision Solutions:
- Performance Management Tools: lead, coach and measure performance
- Emotional Intelligence
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication
- Motivation Strategies
- Effective interpersonal communication and collaboration
- Methods and tools for problem solving and decision making
- Manage change and encourage innovation
- Building trust and cooperation
- Strategic Planning
- Conflict Management
- Manage Stress
High-Intensity Leadership Development Solutions:
Learn how Columbus State's Leadership Institute can be customized to meet the needs of your company's emerging leaders.
This strategy includes employee selection, alignment, engagement, development and retaining employees to assume various roles throughout the organization. Detailed Information (.doc)
- Attracting and selecting talent
- Managing and developing talent
- Technical, business and leadership skills gaps
- Workforce Underperformance
- Lack of skilled people in the pipeline
- Job Analysis
- Competency, Behavior and Success Indicators
- Culture Fit, Technical Aptitude, and Work Style Assessments
- Behavioral and Competency Based Interviewing
- Leadership and Coaching Skills for Employee Development and Engagement
- Individual Contributor Skills Development
- Employee Performance Management Tools
What grew out of manufacturing settings is now having the same powerful success in any enterprise. The fundamental basis for the success of Lean and Six Sigma methods in all facets of on organization is the ability to identify waste, reduce it, and aggressively eliminate non-value added activities, and improve response to that business’ customer base. Learn More
A rapidly changing global business environment is creating demand for a highly skilled workforce. Use these strategies to improve your employees’ skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- IT application
- Adapting to change
- Communication(listening, giving feedback)
- Professionalism/work ethic
- Lifelong learning/self directed
- Written Communication
- Writing for Business
- Proofreading and editing techniques
- Technical and procedural writing
- Taking charge of your development
- Essential workplace skills
- Increasing performance and personal effectiveness
- Problem solving Tools and Techniques
Identify the needs and expectations of your customers, improve your organization’s service delivery system to respond to those expectations and achieve visible improvements in internal and external customer service for your organization.
- Better relationships with internal and external customers
- Improve quality of service
- Manage customers with efficiency and care
- Reduce service delivery time
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Satisfaction
- Increase Productivity
- Create a service environment
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Effective communication skills
Help your employees manage people, tasks and resources by utilizing technology tools to help manage the process.
- Difficulties in keeping projects on schedule
- Increasing Reliance on work teams
- Improved cost tracking
- Difficulties in setting project scope, timeline and budget
- Tracking multiple projects
- Improved tracking of project and costs
- Proficiency in project management tools
- Manage m multiple projects
Industrial and Information Technology training provides knowledge and certifications that allow your employees to prepare for working in the skilled industrial environment and Information Systems support careers.
These specialties are in high demand, and often allow you to get a job quickly. You can gain multiple certificates and increase your earning potential.
Advance your workforce skills with on-site delivery of basic language instruction for employees and supervisors in English, Somali, Spanish and Japanese.
The Center staff work with you to develop a certification program to meet specialized industry needs and emerging professions, or provide skill upgrades through existing certification programs, such as CCNA, or ICDL to name a few.
Connect your business to funding sources for employee skill enhancement opportunities by calling 614-287-5000.
NBC4 report on training money available.
Start-up and emerging business owners can access business consulting professionals at the Small Business Development Center.
Contact the Center for Workforce Development for business retention and attraction services.
Keep your first responders training up to date by having CSCC certified instructors deliver the continuing education required by the State of Ohio. These 2 hour courses may be delivered on duty at your training facility or ours. We offer regularly scheduled courses, or contact us to get training on your schedule.
Sharpen your firefighter’s skills and meet the State of Ohio mandated continuing education requirements by having CSCC certified instructors deliver training at your site, using your equipment, or at our location. We offer regularly scheduled courses, or contact us to get training on your schedule.