ATTENTION: College closed Wednesday due to severe weather. More
This program allows the student to be exposed to an area of study not otherwise available. The student must apply for admission at the host institution. The student may be charged, as determined by the host institution, other enrollment related fees such as record-keeping, application, laboratory or parking.
The student may not be placed on a waitlist for a cross-registered course nor receive special permission to be added to a filled course.
Cross-registration is limited to one course per semester and a maximum of three courses during a student's undergraduate career. A grade for the course taken at the host institution will be posted on the student’s home institution transcript at no charge.
To make certain the host institution’s calendar, course information and credits are compatible with the student’s goals and the home institution’s requirements. Calendars and other regulations may vary from campus to campus and all of the requirements of both institutions must be met.
Registration at the host institution occurs only on certain dates and times. The specific dates and times for each term are available in the office of the student’s home institution representative
To Participate in the HECC Program through Columbus State Community College:
- The student must be registered and maintain a full-time (12 credit hours or more) course schedule at Columbus State for the semester in which he or she cross-registers. If the student falls below ful-time status, he or she will be required to withdraw from the cross-registered course also.
- The student must be in at least their second semester with Columbus State, and have a good academic standing, with a GPA of 2.0 or better.
- All fees must be paid prior to the appointment with the HECC Representative.
- The course selected for enrollment at the participating host institution must be a course not offered at CSCC for the semester of participation.
- The financial obligation of the student may include record-keeping fees, application fees, laboratory fees and parking fees as well as textbooks.
- The student must make an appointment with the HECC Representative, Paula Collier Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You may contact Ms. Collier via e-mail at email@example.com The completion of the registration form by qualifying participants is done at the time of the appointment. The form is not given out prior to the appointment.
- The student may not enroll in the course at the participating host institution prior to the appointments with the home and host HECC Representatives. Pre-enrollment disqualifies the student from participation in the program.
- The program is offered during Autumn, Spring and Summer semesters. Please contact Ms. Collier for the cross-registration dates of the participating institutions.
Participating Host Institutions are:
- Capital University 614-236-6742
- Central Ohio Technical College 740-755-7600
- Columbus College of Art and Design 614-222-4009
- DeVry University 614-253-4637
- Franklin University 614-341-6249
- Mt. Carmel College of Nursing 614-234-5685
- Ohio Dominican University 614-251-4652
- Ohio State University 614-292-4507
- Otterbein College 614-823-1242
- Pontifical College Josephinum 614-985-2226