Skip to main content
Go! Register for Summer and Autumn today!

Transferring Financial Aid

If you are transferring to Columbus State to begin or continue work on one of our degree or certificate programs and would like to use federal student aid to assist with payment of your educational expenses, follow these steps:


  1. Complete the CSCC Admissions Application at
  2. Contact the Financial Aid Office at your current school to cancel unused financial aid awards.
  3. Using, edit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to list Columbus State Community College. Our federal school code is 006867. The U.S. Department of Education will process this change and send updated FAFSA results to Columbus State.
  4. Contact the CSCC Financial Aid Office seven (7) to ten (10) days after updating your FAFSA to check if you will be required to provide additional information to verify your FAFSA information. Columbus State does not require students to complete an institutional financial aid application.
  5. Once your information has been reviewed by the Financial Aid Office, an award letter will be posted to your Cougarweb account. An email will be sent to your CSCC student email to let you know that the award information is available. (NOTE: Your financial aid eligibility at Columbus State will be affected by federal student aid funds received at other colleges during the same academic year. Complete and submit an Award Revision/Transfer Report Form to our office to notify us that you were a financial aid recipient at another institution.)
  6. Students who wish to utilize federal Direct Stafford loans must complete an on-line Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at Students who parents want to use the Federal Direct PLUS loan must submit a new PLUS application to the Financial Aid Office; click here for more information.


If you are transferring out of Columbus State, please follow these steps to cancel unused federal student aid:

  1. Complete the CSCC Award Revision/Transfer Report Form and submit to the CSCC Financial Aid Office.
  2. If you borrowed federal Stafford loans at any time during your attendance at Columbus State, you must complete Exit Counseling at This counseling session is designed to give you important information about loan terms and borrower repayment responsibilities and options.
  3. Contact the Financial Aid Office at your new school for information on their financial aid process. Financial aid awards do not transfer from school to school.