If you are transferring to Columbus State to begin or continue work on one of our
degree or certificate programs and would like to use federal student aid to assist
with payment of your educational expenses, follow these steps:
- Complete the CSCC Admissions Application at www.cscc.edu.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office at your current school to cancel unused financial
- Using www.fafsa.ed.gov, edit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to list Columbus State
Community College. Our federal school code is 006867. The U.S. Department of Education
will process this change and send updated FAFSA results to Columbus State.
- Contact the CSCC Financial Aid Office seven (7) to ten (10) days after updating your
FAFSA to check if you will be required to provide additional information to verify
your FAFSA information. Columbus State does not require students to complete an institutional
financial aid application.
- Once your information has been reviewed by the Financial Aid Office, an award letter
will be posted to your Cougarweb account. An email will be sent to your CSCC student
email to let you know that the award information is available. (NOTE: Your financial
aid eligibility at Columbus State will be affected by federal student aid funds received
at other colleges during the same academic year. Complete and submit an Award Revision/Transfer
Report Form to our office to notify us that you were a financial aid recipient at
- Students who wish to utilize federal Direct Stafford loans must complete an on-line
Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov. Students who parents want to use the Federal Direct PLUS loan must submit a new
PLUS application to the Financial Aid Office; click here for more information.
If you are transferring out of Columbus State, please follow these steps to cancel
unused federal student aid:
- Complete the CSCC Award Revision/Transfer Report Form and submit to the CSCC Financial
- If you borrowed federal Stafford loans at any time during your attendance at Columbus
State, you must complete Exit Counseling at www.nslds.ed.gov. This counseling session is designed to give you important information about loan
terms and borrower repayment responsibilities and options.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office at your new school for information on their financial
aid process. Financial aid awards do not transfer from school to school.