The Columbus State Bookstore offers academic versions of popular software titles, which saves students money:
- Adobe Creative Suite 6.0 Student Licensed version bundles up to 80% off retail price can by purchased by any student enrolled at Columbus State with current school ID, in-store or online purchase.
- Microsoft Office 365 Academic Version, 4 Year Subscription for $79.99
- Norton 360 Antivirus & Internet Security, Student Version for $39.99
Please note: academic and student licensed software is intended for educational purposes only and may require online verification of student status to activate license.
Used Textbook Buyback Program
The Columbus State Bookstore offers a used textbook buyback program. Please note the core buyback and most competitive pricing is offered during finals week each term. Selling your textbooks during finals week allows you to get the best buyback rate, because the Bookstore is stocking up for the next semester. Customers will receive approximately 50% of the new book price, regardless of whether you bought the book new or used. It is also important to note that you can sell your book back to us no matter where you originally purchased it. We want your used books, and we are willing to pay top dollar for them.
There are several factors that affect how much money you get back during book buyback:
- Has your instructor reordered the book for the upcoming semester?
- Does the Bookstore need more copies, or have we bought our limit?
- Is the book damaged in any way (missing pages, liquid damage, binding broken)?
- It there a pending new edition of the book, or is the book already an old edition?
- Was the book sold as a bundle, and are pieces missing (CD’s)?
- Was the access code removed or scratched off?
- Is there a Wholesale demand for the book (are other colleges looking to use this book)?
All of these factors are very important when assessing the value of a book, but the most important factor is whether we are reusing the book and need more copies. If so, chances are good that you will receive 50% of the new book price.
Please note the following: The Columbus State Bookstore does not buy copies marked as international edition, instructor copy, or free copy.
Online Buyback - NEW!
We have partnered with MBS Textbook Exchange for an online buyback option!
The Columbus State Bookstore orders used books through multiple wholesalers, trying to stock as many used books as we possibly can. Supply can be limited for newer titles, but if it’s out there as a used book, we are going to do our best to get it for you. Used books are typically priced 25% - 30% lower than their new book counter parts. This helps to pass savings along to our customers! You can’t go wrong with used books, and coupled with our competitive buyback program (which offers a rate based on new book prices) you are sure to save big!
In-Store Book Rental Program
The Columbus State Bookstore is proud to offer an in-store textbook rental program. There are limited titles available, but the program continues to grow every semester. The response to this program has been very positive. Rental titles are priced at approximately 50% of the new book price and must be returned at the end of finals week for the semester the book is rented. As long as the book is not damaged and turned in on time, your commitment is fulfilled.
Online Book Rental Program
The Columbus State Bookstore also partners with Follett Higher Education Group to offer even more book rental titles through an online program. This program helps to supplement our in-store rental program and allows us to offer more selections for rental. Click here to find available book rentals.
Textbook Price Comparison Tool
The Columbus State Bookstore offers a textbook price comparison tool to help you compare prices and make shopping easy. Purchasing online at your college bookstore guarantees you the correct book for class, a quick processing time for online orders and free in-store pick-up or delivery to the Delaware Campus, Dublin Center, Gahanna Center, Reynoldsburg Center, Southwest Center at Bolton Field, or Westerville Center.
Shop online today!
Instructions for the online price comparison tool:
- View our textbook price comparison tool.
- Click on Term Name.
- Select Department (you can select multiple departments).
- Select Course (you can select multiple courses).
- Click on Section (blue box).
- Click on Compare Prices on these Course Materials (green box).
- Click on Begin Price Comparison (green box).
Financial Aid Students: Financial aid cannot be used for third party vendor purchases including other online sellers from the price comparison tool.