CougarWeb is temporarily unavailable. More
Steps to Successful Advising
End of Semester
Your advisor's role for successful advising:
- Answer general questions concerning your education including which courses to schedule in the next semester..
- Identify resources to help with career decision making and choosing a major.
- Help you develop a semester-by-semester plan to satisfy your degree requirements.
- Talk to you about your academic progress and strengths and weaknesses.
- Discuss ways to improve your study skills and how to handle difficulties you may have in your coursework.
- Assist you in long-term planning for transferring credit to another institution.