Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
What is M.A.N. Initiative?
The Male Access Network (M.A.N.) Initiative is a retention and scholarship program offered by the Global Diversity and Inclusion Department with an emphasis on character-building and leadership development. This program is intended for male students at Columbus State who are interested in getting involved on-campus, connecting with other Columbus State men, and receiving mentorship opportunities. Eligible participants also receive a small scholarship for the Autumn and Spring semesters.
Who is eligible to participate in M.A.N. Initiative?
Any student who is currently enrolled in classes at Columbus State and identifies as "male" is eligible to participate in M.A.N. Initiative. There are 50 available slots each school year. Students are accepted into the program on a first come, first serve basis after completing an application with the Department of Global Diversity and Inclusion. After the 50 spots have been filled, additional applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
What are the benefits of participating in M.A.N. Initiative?
• $250 Scholarship per semester
• Mentorship Opportunities
• Barbershops – supportive monthly discussions on topics relevant to male college students
• Adventures – activities planned throughout the year for participants to
connect and have fun
• Special Events – campus wide events directly related to the mission & values of
• Graduation Plan
• Leadership Development
What is required of M.A.N. Initiative Participants?
• Completion of all required paperwork
• Participation in an Orientation session
• Participation in academic advising and a graduation plan
• Attendance at monthly Barbershop discussions
• Service/attendance at Special Events:
o Collegiate Leadership Conference of Ohio (C.L.C.O) in November 2014
o Annual Brother's Keeper Panel Town Hall Meeting in February 2015
o Annual Men of the Year Awards Reception in May 2015
*Failure to meet program expectations will result in your revocation and/or non-renewal of your scholarship and membership in the program.
Dates of events for the fall semester will be posted soon. If you are interested in getting involved with MAN Initiative, please email Brett Welsh, Director of Global Diversity and Inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit an electronic application, click here. To download a physical application to submit to the GDI office, click here.
Thank you for your interest.