Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Ohio Benefit Bank
The Benefit Bank Self-Serve
GET THE HELP YOU NEED. RIGHT HERE. RIGHT NOW.
- File income tax returns and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) all in one place.
- Ohio and North Carolina residents can also apply for benefits such as food assistance and medical insurance. You may be able to get help paying bills, lower your prescription drug costs, and qualify for many other benefits. Residents can also access veterans services.
- North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina residents can file their federal and state taxes, register to vote, and complete the FAFSA form here. Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, and Texas residents can file their federal taxes, register to vote, and complete the FAFSA form here. Residents of other states can file their federal taxes and complete the FAFSA form here. North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas residents can also view The Benefit Bank Self-Serve in Spanish.
- The Benefit Bank ® (TBB ™) Self-Serve is an easy way to get the help you need right now, using just your computer and a connection to the internet. Free. No Waiting. No Lines. Safe. Confidential. Secure.
Ohio Benefit Bank on-campus support for Columbus State students
Peer Advocates (supervised by Academic Advising) help their peers engage in the campus community. They are phenomenal resources for students to receive help navigating the college, accessing student support services, and getting involved in campus activities.
Columbus State's Peer Advocates are certified as Ohio Benefits Bank Counselors, which means they can assist students with applying for food, utilities, and cash assistance programs available in the state of Ohio (read more here: www.ohiobenefits.org).
Connect2Complete: Peer Advocate Office Hours
|Monday||Jessica Callahan||1:00 - 3:00 P.M.|
|Monday||Kamara Willoughby||3:00 - 5:00 P.M.|
|Tuesday||Jude Carstensen||10:30 -12:30 P.M.|
|Wednesday||Tieda Ven||10:00 - 12:00 P.M.|
|Wednesday||Neena Dumas||2:30 - 4:30 P.M.|
|Thursday||Marcus Deloney||9:30 - 11:30 A.M.|
|Thursday||Myra Isom||11:30 - 1:30 P.M.|
Peer Advocates hold office hours in Aquinas Hall 116 (Columbus campus only at this time). Walk-in office hours will be posted outside of AQ116.
Students in need of Ohio Benefits Bank assistance can email Maria Latschar to schedule an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Tax Services
Columbus State Connect2Complete has partnered with the Ohio Benefit Bank to bring you FREE tax services! There are two ways to access tax services this season;
1. You may complete your own taxes on the self-serve link; http://selfserve.thebenefitbank.org/ums?partner_code=4947
(This link will take you directly to the CSCC Ohio Benefit Bank Tax website. Log in or create an account and start filing your taxes for FREE.)
2. If you would like assistance filing your taxes please attend one of the following Tax Help Sessions located in the Madison Hall
Wednesday, Feb. 11th 4:00-6:00 PM
Thursday, Feb. 19th 3:00-5:00 PM
Wednesday, Feb. 25th 9:00-11:00 AM
Monday, March 2nd 3:00-5:00 PM
Thursday, March 10th 9:00-11:00 AM
Wednesday, March 18th 9:30-11:30 AM
Tuesday, March 24th 9:00-11:00 AM
Wednesday, April 1st 9:00-11:00 AM
Thursday, April 9th 3:00-5:00 PM
Monday, April 13th 2:00-4:00 PM
Two trained Peer Advocate Tax Counselors will be available during the Tax Help Sessions to answer questions as you file your taxes through Ohio Benefit Bank self-serve.
*Please note the income limits for using this free service are $95,000 for Married Filing Jointly, and $65,000 for Filing Single* For further questions or assistance please email Maria Latschar at email@example.com.