ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
News / Calendar
5 DEC 2013
The Office of Veteran Services will be hosting a "Mission Ready Orientation" for the upcoming Spring 2014 semester for enrolled veteran and military students. The purpose of the event is to expose our veteran and military student population to available college resources and give them an opportunity to connect with their military peers at Columbus State. During this orientation students can expect to learn about the various services our departments can provide that will assist them with their transition from the military to college life.
Columbus State "Mission Ready Orientation"
Date: Tuesday January 7th
Location: Madison Hall Room 103 (Next to Admissions)
Session I - 11:00 - 13:00
Session II - 14:00 - 16:00
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or
@ Union Hall, Room 48 & Delaware Hall Room 156
4 DEC 2013
Attention G.I. Bill Students! The Ohio Residency Verification Sessions are conducted each semester to assist students in a redetermination of their current residency status with Columbus State Community College. A student's residency status is initially determined by information he or she provided on his or her application for admission to Columbus State Community College. Please be advised that fee payment deadlines cannot be waived or extended for a student whose residency status is being reviewed. Students must make full payment of all tuition (including non-resident of Ohio fees) by the appropriate deadline date to avoid being dropped for non-payment of fee.
26 NOV 2013
Ohio Veterans Bonus Program, Attention Persian Gulf War Veterans!
Application deadline for service dates between August 2, 1990 and March 3, 1991 is December 31, 2013.
To be considered for compensation, on-line bonus applications must be submitted not later than December 31, 2013 and hard copy applications sent to the Ohio Veterans Bonus program must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2013.
25 NOV 2013
The Columbus State Veterans Organization (CSVO) will be holding informational membership meetings on Tuesday 21 Jan 2014 & Thursday 23 Jan starting at 2:00 p.m. The meetings will be held in DE 156, please bring a resume if you plan on running for an office. You can email email@example.com with any questions.
3 DEC 2013
1. Register for classes as soon as possible (SPRING 2014 semester registration opened on October 21, 2013 and will continue through December 29, 2013); LATE REGISTRATION FEES WILL BE ASSESSED AFTER DECEMBER 29, 2013 (end of "On-Time" registration).
2. Immediately following registration, complete and submit the CSCC "Request for VA Certification" form - http://www.cscc.edu/_resources/media/services/pdf/veterans_form_certification.pdf to the Veterans Services/Education Benefits Office staff. This form may be dropped off (Delaware Hall, Room 156), faxed or scanned/email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Last Name, Cougar ID and TERM in the subject line of the email) that your registration is complete and you are requesting VA benefits.
3. Certification forms are now required for EACH TERM that you are requesting benefits! VA Request for Certification Form 2013-2014_SU13.pdf
4. If any registration changes are made following notification of the Veterans Services Office notification is required by contacting us at email@example.com (as detailed above).
5. If you have changed your major (Program of Study), please ensure that your official major is changed with the Office of Records & Registration (614-287-5353), then complete the CSCC "Request for VA Certification" form which can be downloaded from the CSCC web site. The completed form must be returned (scanned/emailed, faxed or dropped off) to the Veteran Services Office (Delaware Hall, Room 156) immediately following the completion of registration before VA enrollment certification can take place. Non-receipt of this form willdelay or prevent benefit processing and payments.
Any changes to your registration for Spring 2014 term made on or after Sunday, DECEMBER 29th and following VA certification processing (receipt of the VA email notification that your enrollment has been certified) will delay benefits payments and may also cause over/under payments, being dropped from classes, and indebtedness to CSCC and/or the VA.
2 OCT 2013
The Veterans Services GI Bill Office has moved. We are now located on the Lower Level of Union Hall in Room 048 and normal business hours have resumed.