Arts & Sciences Learning Communities
Find the “Community” in Columbus State Community College.
*Applicable courses for Learning Community blocks include:
- COLS 1100 (web) and ENGL 1100 (MW 11-12:20)
- COLS 1100 (M 9-10:40) and PSY 1100 (MWF 11-11:50)
- COLS 1100 (M 9-10:40) and MATH 1050 (MW 12-2:20)
At Columbus State, going to college doesn't have to mean "going it alone." As a new
student, there's a lot to learn and much to navigate, and we're here to make your
transition smoother with resources and support that are simply... beyond measure.
One of the best ways to get a great college start is by joining a Learning Community.
A Learning Community is a group of students who are taking at least two of the same
courses* together during their first semester. Benefits include:
- Forming connections with fellow students who are also new to Columbus State.
- Working closely with faculty, staff and the campus community.
- Receiving additional academic support through study groups, advising sessions, peer
mentors, and weekly faculty meetings.
Don't go it alone – join a Learning Community for Autumn Semester and start college
with a network of connections!
To register, contact Janet McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-287-5023.