ATTENTION: College closed Wednesday due to severe weather. More
F-1 Transient Applicant Instructions (currently hold an I-20 at another college)
F-1 Transient students are F1 visa holders who are not intending to transfer to Columbus State but are planning to temporarily take classes for transfer back to the student's home school.
2. New applicants - Click here to complete the online application for admission. If you are a returning student or previously applied for admission, please email email@example.com for next step instructions.
4. Immigration documents. Submit a photocopy of your current I-20 form.
5. Official College Transcript from U.S. College or university verifying completion of college level English and Math and/or completion of required prerequisites for classes you intend to take at Columbus State.
6. Proof of English Language Proficiency (Effective Spring Quarter 2012) - Choose one below (a-f):
a. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) (CSCC TOEFL institution code is 1148.) Paper-based Test (PBT: minimum score of 500) or Internet-Based Test (iBT: minimum total score of 61 AND no score below 18 on both reading and writing sections)
b. IELTS (International English Language Testing System): Minimum score of 6.0.
c. ACT (American College Test): Minimum English score of 18 or higher
d. AP (Advanced Placement Exam): English Composition and Literature test score of 3 or higher
e. CSCC Institutional COMPASS Placement test:(If currently in the U.S) Placement into ESL 0188
f. Transfer credit in College-level English with a grade of "C" or better from an accredited U.S. college or university.
Please note: Test results must not be more than two years old. Testing may be waived if you have earned a degree from an accredited U.S. college/university or have completed a college level English Composition course with a grade of "C" or above from an accredited college/university within the U.S.
7. Check on your admission status. Log back in to your application and read your E-mail often to check the status of your admission.
Columbus State Community College
International Enrollment Services
Madison Hall, Room 109
550 East Spring St.
P.O. BOX 1609
Columbus, Ohio 43215-9965
Telephone: (614) 287-2074
FAX : (614) 287-6019