Go for 15!
The Switch 2 Semesters is here, and our first semester is well under way. For many
students, it's time to kick it into high gear to graduate on time.
Most students will have to take at least 15 hours per semester in order to graduate
in two years. Even if you're a part-time student, you should consider taking one more
class than you did under the quarter system to get the most out of your time and money.
- Semester classes are calculated differently than quarter classes, and the average
class is 3-4 credits rather than 4-5 under the quarter system.
- Most plans of study require 61-75 credits, or at least 15 credit hours per semester.
Check the plan of study on your Department Home Page to see where you need to be.
- Taking another class isn’t as scary as it sounds. Semester classes typically meet
for less time each week, spread out over 15 weeks instead of 10 weeks.
- It saves time. You’re at Columbus State to get to the next level. Don’t wait.
- It saves money. Get your classes now to guard against future tuition increases. And
every semester you’re here is another semester you’re not out in the workforce.
- Get ready for four-year colleges. All colleges in the state are now on semesters.
If you’re planning to transfer, it’s a great way to get ready for the next step.
Ready to Go for 15? Here are your next steps: