Skip to main content
Register for Spring Semester

Attending Columbus State

DACA Recipients

DACA students work with the International Enrollment team throughout the application process and submit all required DACA documentation to the International Enrollment Services Office located in Madison Hall.  Included in this process, DACA students will be eligible to apply for in-state tuition.  They are not eligible for any state or federal financial aid and do not need to complete a FAFSA.


What you need to apply

1. Complete the online application:

  • Be sure to check "Deferred Action" for your citizenship/immigration

2. Bring the following documentation to the International Enrollment office (Madison Hall):

  • Copy of I-797 Notice of Action (must state "Notice of Deferred Action" in the body of the document)
  • Copy of Employment Authorization Card
  • Copy of Ohio Driver license or State Identification card
  • Completed DACA Residency Application
    • Males 18 - 26 will need to provide a Selective Service number on the application
    • Applications for Residency must be received by the deadlines listed:
    • Please note:The COMPASS placement test must be completed in order for the Residency Application to be processed. 

For more information regarding students, referrals and questions, please contact Misty Mahefkey ( or 614-287-2557).

Undocumented Students

We welcome all students to apply to Columbus State. If you are undocumented and have not received DACA, unfortunately, you are not eligible for in-state tuition or financial assistance. Tuition fees for undocumented students are calculated at the international student fee rate. Submit an online application at:

3. Please note that you will need to complete your COMPASS placement testing before your Residency Application can be processed.

DACA Residency Application

Non-work-study student employment opportunities

Fields of study

Please be aware that undocumented and DACA students may face barriers in completing certain programs of study. For example, programs that require a practicum or licensure may be restricted based on Ohio law to U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Contact your advisor to discuss your possibilities.