Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Associate of Science Requirements
The following are the Graduation Requirements for the Associate of Science degree. The Associate of Science degree is different from the Associate of Arts degree primarily in the level of mathematics and science coursework required. The Associate of Science degree requires completion of additional math and science courses, which are the foundation for further study in advanced physics, chemistry, mathematics, and engineering.
1. All students must satisfactorily complete at least 61 credit hours of approved courses, a minimum of 23 hours of which must be completed at Columbus State. Approved courses are designated below. Satisfactory completion requires a final grade of A, B, C, or D. Transfer credit may be awarded for courses in which a “C” or better has been earned at other accredited institutions, or a “D” or better from public Ohio institutions, if the course level equivalencies have been approved by the Dean of Arts and Sciences. Courses listed in the “Transfer Module” or “Transfer Assurance Guides” of an Ohio college, have been pre-approved for credit toward a Columbus State degree. Credits by examination, proficiency credit, nontraditional credit, and transfer credit do not apply toward meeting residency credit hour requirements.
2. All students must attain an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better for all courses taken at Columbus State that are used to meet degree requirements. Grade point averages are calculated on the following scale: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, E=0. Number equivalencies are not assigned for grades other than these.
3. All students must complete 30 hours of General Education Requirements and 31 hours of additional coursework as specified in the following lists.
4. All students must file a completed “Petition to Graduate” form with Records and Registration by the published deadline date for the intended semester of graduation. Refer to page 32 of this catalog for complete details.
- Transfer Programs
- Start Here, Then Transfer to a Four-Year College
- Academic Advising
- Ohio Transfer Module
- Preferred Pathway® Partners
- Search Transfer Agreements
- Browse Transfer Information
- University Transfer Center
- Visit Universities at Columbus State
- High School Students
- Transient / Guest Students
- Transfer to Columbus State