Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Developmental Mathematics Learning Skills Center
Note: Students must begin tests at least one hour prior to the closing time of the Testing Center. Students must begin the Final Exam at least two hours prior to the closing time of the Testing Center.
The Learning Skills Center (LSC) is open to all students in developmental mathematics courses. Services available to students are:
- Instructors/tutors to help you with "drop-in" questions.
- Computer-related instruction.
- Video tapes of math lectures to view in the LSC.
Tutoring Resources: Peer Tutoring Services
We offer free peer tutoring services for students taking mathematics courses in the Developmental Education Department. These services are designed to help students succeed with their courses. Applications for a peer tutor are available in Aquinas Hall, 241, or you can call (614) 287-2474.
To access the on-line course materials and on-line help, visit www.mymathlab.com (where you will use your access code to create your personal logon and password). Each instructor will provide his or her students with a Course ID Number. For technical support when accessing on-line textbook resources, call 1-800-677-6337.
The Addison-Wesley Tutor Center provides live tutoring for the odd-numbered exercises in the book. They are available Sunday through Thursday 5pm – 12am (Eastern time). To contact the Tutor Center directly for help, do one of the following:
- Call: 1-888-777-0463. (Students are limited to 15 minutes per call.)
- Fax: 1-877-262-9774. (Students are limited to 2 questions per fax.)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Students are limited to 2 questions per email.)
- By Interactive Web: Students please call the Center and make an appointment, for an immediate or future time (depending on availability). The tutoring session will be limited to 15 minutes after orientation to this software.
You may come to the LSC to make test corrections or for extra help if your classroom instructor is not available. Your time will be more profitably spent if you come in with specific questions or problem numbers written down.
The Learning Skills Center can only help you if you make an effort with the materials first. It cannot be used in place of doing homework or attending class. These services and facilities are available only to students who are actively participating in the class.
- You must present a photo-bearing ID to borrow a calculator, textbook, or video. Materials must remain in the LSC.
- No test or quiz is to leave the LSC.
- You must follow the instructions of the instructors and/or lab assistants.
Department of Developmental Education
Aquinas Hall 215
Columbus State Community College
550 East Spring Street
Columbus, Ohio 43216
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.