Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Vet Tech Info Sessions
Do you want to know more about how to "get accepted into" the Veterinary Technology program at Columbus State? Do you understand the criteria for acceptance into the Veterinary Technology? These questions and more will be answered at upcoming Mandatory Information Sessions for Pre-Veterinary Technology Students at Columbus State. The session will include: admission criteria and curriculum, application procedures, how to best plan for courses prior to admission and opportunities in the Veterinary Technology profession.
The last session for the 2015 Admission year:
Tuesday, January 20, 2015, from 3 PM to 6 PM, held in the VT Building, Room 114
You will be required to be pre-screened prior to admission to the information session. You will be contacted by email or by phone call to verify that all other criteria (except Information Session Attendance) is complete.
Please park in any Student Parking Lot on the west side of Cleveland Avenue. You will receive a parking pass at the information session. Columbus State Parking
Please note that a Veterinary Technology Information Session IS REQUIRED as part of the admission criteria. Students must attend an information session to receive an application to the program. This applies to all new applicants, including those who have already declared a Veterinary Technology major with Records and Registration.
All interested students must register before attending a session! Due to the limited time crunch of the deadline date and the limited space in the room, we request that only applicants attend the session.
Mandatory Information Sessions will be offered each semester. However, you must attend a session prior to January 23, 2015 to be eligible for the AU 2015 program.
If you need help with academic advising or scheduling, please call for an appointment: 614-287-2779!
Listed below are additional requirements for admission to the Veterinary Technology:
- High school graduate or GED equivalency.
- Required high school (or equivalent) courses:
Biology, grade of "C" or better within the past five years, or BIO 0100 or 1100, grade of “C” or better.
Chemistry, grade of “C” or better within the past three years, or CHEM 0100, grade of “C” or better.
- Placement into ENGL 1100 - Beginning Composition or completion of ENGL 0190 with a grade of "C" or better.
- Placement into “No Reading Required” (students with college transfer credit for ENGL 1100 are not required to take the reading portion of the placement test).
- Placement into MATH 1030 - Beginning Algebra II with a grade of “C” or better.
- Grade point average of 2.5 or better (most recently completed coursework).
- Attend a Veterinary Technology Mandatory Information Session (Applicants will receive a separate admission application for the Veterinary Technology Program at these sessions. Applicants will not be considered for admission until an information session has been attended).
Upon acceptance into the Veterinary Technology, the student will be required to complete the following Health Requirements:
- Complete a Health Statement declaring all allergies, medications, and physical limitations or restrictions.
- Tuberculin Testing (Mantoux) within the past year.
- Tetanus Booster (Td) within the past eight years.
- The student must obtain health insurance coverage and keep the coverage on a continual basis while attending CSCC as a Veterinary Technology student.
- Rabies vaccination or signed waiver.
- Drug Test and Background Check