ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
STEM Summer Bridge Program
A head start in the STEM fields
Our STEM Summer Bridge Program is a tuition-free program designed to prepare science students for academic success at Columbus State.
Sign up today to get early exposure to college-level lab work, save tuition costs and connect to fellow students in the STEM fields.
The STEM Summer Bridge Program
2 weeks, Monday – Friday
July 22-26 and July 29-Aug. 2
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Students are required to attend all sessions.
Applications are now closed. Application dates for the 2014 Summer Bridge program will be announced soon.
- Fulfills the COLS 1100 requirement, so you will have one less course to take Fall semester
- Reduces your tuition bill – the STEM Summer Bridge Program is provided at NO COST, and eliminates your tuition bill for COLS 1100
- Connects you to a group of other incoming freshmen who share an interest in science (You will move through the A.S. program as a cohort.)
- Introduces you to campus clubs and activities, including the STEM club
- Provides unique connections with Columbus State faculty and staff
- Helps you bridge the gap between high school work and college curriculum and expectations
- Gives you early exposure to the campus and classroom experience, including lab work and scientific research
- Focuses on important success factors including study skills, campus resources, time management and others
- Allows you to assess your academic level, providing individual guidance in areas of improvement
To qualify for the STEM Summer Bridge Program, you must:
- Be accepted to Columbus State as a freshman entering a science-related major in Fall 2013
- Be able to attend all sessions over the 2-week period
Students with ACT scores of 22 or above in Math, and 19 or above in English will be given priority acceptance into the program.
For additional program information, email Program Coordinator Laura Shady, email@example.com.