CougarWeb is temporarily unavailable. More
Autumn Semester Information Sessions
- Monday, September 14 at 6PM
- Wednesday, October 14 at 3PM
- Friday, November 13 at 10AM
- Monday, December 14 at 1PM
All information sessions will be held in Union Hall, Room 336
2015 Respiratory Care Program Application Process
The applicant will:
- Complete the COMPASS Placement Test. Applicants must place into “No Reading Required” or have a previous degree.
- Send an official transcript from all colleges previously attended sent to Columbus State’s Records and Registration Office.
- Make an appointment to meet with an academic advisor in the Health & Human Services Advising Center (614-287- 2779). Bring results of COMPASS Placement Test and unofficial copy of transcripts from all colleges previously attended.
- Attend a mandatory Respiratory Care Information Session. Email or call Vincent Cocozza (firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-287-2521) to reserve a seat.
- Complete: NURC 1001 with a grade of a “C” or better; place into STAT 1350 and ENGL 1100; and placement out of reading requirements or completion of previous degree.
- Attain a TOTAL GPA of 2.5 or greater. We do NOT round GPA.
- Schedule the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Exam in the Testing and Talent Assessment Center in the Center for Workforce Development (WD) (614-287-2281). This exam will cost $55.00 payable in the Cashier’s Office in Rhodes Hall. You must bring your receipt and a picture ID on the day of the exam. The exam covers three main areas-English Language, Math and Science and is used as a predictor of student success in a health-related curriculum.
- Submit online program application using the program website. Deadline is JANUARY 18, 2016.
The program will begin the admission process beginning in January. The following criteria will be used to determine acceptance to the program:
- Review all applications for completeness. Any applicants who have not submitted a copy of their HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Exam scores will be disqualified.
- Review the current transcripts of all applicants.
- Review TOTAL GPA for all applicants. Any applicant whose TOTAL GPA is less than 2.5 will be disqualified.
- Review HESI A2 scores for all applicants.
- Distribute points for TOTAL GPA as follows:
a. 4.000-3.500 4 points
b. 3.499-3.000 3 points
c. 2.999-2.500 2 points
d. Less than 2.499 Disqualified
6. Distribute points for HESI A2 score as follows:
a. 100 - 90.0 5 points
b. 89.9 - 80.0 4 points
c. 79.9 - 76.0 3 points
d. ≤ 75 0 points
7. The following criteria will be applied to Basic Science courses — CHEM 1113, MULT 1010, MULT 1030, BIO 2232, BIO 2215. The course credit hours will be multiplied by the course grade which is then multiplied by 0.75.
8. The following criteria will be applied to General Education courses — COLS 1100, ENGL 1100, STAT 1350, BIO 2300, PHIL 1130. The course credit hours will be multiplied by the course grade which is then multiplied by 0.25.