Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Mission & Goals
Radiography Program Mission and Goals
The mission of the Columbus State Community College Radiography program is to provide a quality educational program that meets the life-long learning needs of its community. This is achieved by preparing graduates for entry-level employment as a Medical Imaging Science professional. This is consistent with the Columbus State Community College Mission Statement.
The program holds as its primary objectives, the education and training of qualified applicants to become competent radiographers. The program endeavors to instill in students, and subsequently graduates the following program goals:
Goal 1. Professionalism
Develop graduates who will recognize the need for life-long learning in their chosen profession.
- Goal-Emphasize the importance of Professional Associations, membership in the Ohio Society of Radiologic Technologists will be a programmatic expectation
To graduate students with the ability to behave in a compassionate, ethical and professional manner.
- Goal-utilize affective evaluation to emphasize the importance of professional, ethical, and compassionate behavior.
Goal 2. Clinical Competence
To graduate students who will successfully complete all program requirements and exceed entry-level expectations of employers
- Goal-Students will demonstrate competency in radiographic skills, patient care skills, and radiation safety
- Goal-Graduates will exceed the expectations of entry level technologists as defined by A.S.R.T. curriculum guidelines
Goal 3. Program Effectiveness
- Goal-Students will pass the A.R.R.T. exam on the first attempt
- Goal-graduates will express satisfaction with the Columbus State Radiography program
- Goal-Students will successfully complete the Radiologic Technology Program
- Goal-Students will be employed within six months of graduation
Goal 4. Critical Thinking
To develop applied skills in critical thinking and problem solving in the practice of the radiography profession.
- Goal-Students will demonstrate competency in non-routine and trauma settings
- Students will be able to evaluate images for radiographic quality
Goal 5. Communication Skills
Students will demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Goal-Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills
- Goal-students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills
- Goal-Students will follow A.I.D.E.T. communication guidelines in the clinical setting, and interact with patients and staff in an effective manner in both writing and orally.