ATTENTION: College closed Wednesday due to severe weather. More
Nurse Aide Training Program Certificate (NURC 1101)
This one-class certificate (NURC 1101) qualifies students to become a Nurse Aide. NURC 1101 is a prerequisite for most of our nursing programs, so be sure to check it out. More information
Patient Care Skills Certificate (NURC 110)
AA student completing the Patient Care Skills Certificate will be able to:
- Effectively communicate in the health care setting.
- State and demonstrate principles of medical asepsis and standard precautions.
- State and demonstrate the principles of surgical asepsis.
- Identify and demonstrate the principles of safe resident care in an acute care setting.
- Discuss and demonstrate correct basic nursing skills commonly performed in the acute care setting.
Complementary Care Certificate (Selected combination of NURC 1170, 1171, 1172 or 1160)
A student completing the Complementary Care Certificate will be able to:
- Define terms associated with complementary care practices.
- Identify the different types of complementary care practices.
- Discuss the use of complementary care methods for health maintenance.
- Discuss the role of research in the evaluation of complementary care.
Registered Nurse First Assistant Certificate (NURC 1901, 1902)
A student completing the Registered Nurse First Assistant Certificate will be able to:
- Act effectively and safely as a first assistant in surgery.
- Meet eligibility requirements to take the RNFA certificate examination.
Train the Trainer Certificate(NURC 1250)
A student completing the Train the Trainer Certificate will be able to:
- Teach, coordinate, and supervise a Nurse Aide Training Program.
- Meet the requirements established by the Ohio Department of Health.