ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
1. Achievement of a minimum GPA of 2.4
- Achievement of a minimum GPA of 2.4 on a 4-point scale based on completion of courses at the school or college most recently attended (high school, vocational program, or higher education institution).
- Official transcripts must be on file in the Records and Registration Office to verify GPA by the deadline dates.
- Students who do not have a minimum 2.4 GPA for their most recent coursework must complete at least 12 credit hours of college-level coursework at Columbus State with a minimum GPA of 2.4 for admission to the Practical Nursing program.
2. Compass Placement Tests:
- Math Skills- Placement into MATH 1000 ( Math Skills for Health Professionals) or completion of DEV 0115 (Pre-Algebra). Students awarded transfer credit by Columbus State for MATH 1000 or higher meet the Math admission requirement and are not required to take the Math Skills Test.
- Writing Skills - Placement into ENGLISH 1100 (Composition I), or completion of ENGLISH 0190 (Introduction to Composition). Students awarded transfer credit by Columbus State for ENGL 1100 are not required to take the Writing Skills Test.
3. Course completion:
- NURC 1101 (Nurse Aide Training Program) Please note: A completed health record must be completed prior to registration for this course. Students who are currently Ohio State Tested Nurse Aides can apply for prior learning assessment credit (“N” credit). Click here for Prior Learning assessment application and directions for submitting. Learn more about NURC 1101
- BIO 0100 (introduction to Biology) with a grade of “C” or above, or receive transfer credit (K) for college biology, or completion of high school biology with a grade of “C” or above within the past five years.
- MULT 1010 (Medical Terminology) with a grade of “C” or above
4. Complete the TEAS V or the HESI A2 nursing entrance test.
- See Frequently Asked Questions for test score details.
- We also accept NET and TEAS 4 test results if they are less than four years old and meet our minimum result requirements.
- Submit a copy of your test results with your application to the Practical Nursing Program.
5. Students who are new to Columbus State are advised to meet with an academic nursing adviser in Advising & Counseling Services. Call 614-287-5353 for an appointment.
Apply to Practical Nursing
After you have completed a nursing entrance test with the required scores and have registered for or completed all courses required to meet admission criteria (MULT 1010, NURC 1101, BIO 0100, and any required DEV, ENGL, or MATH courses) with a GPA of 2.4 or higher, you may apply to the Practical Nursing program as described in the “Application" document below.
Questions as well as the completed application can be submitted by e-mailing email@example.com. We will respond within two business days.