ATTENTION: College offices closed for business through Jan. 1. More.
Upon completion of the Associate Degree in Mental Health/Addiction Studies/Developmental Disabilities, the graduate will be able to:
- Recognize the diverse settings and roles of human service workers in social work, mental health, developmental disabilities and addictions treatment
- Collect data, make assessments, develop an implement individualized, person-centered treatment/service or relapse prevention plan
- Use helping and engagement skills.
- Utilize the group setting as a treatment modality.
- Apply conflict resolution and anger management skills.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and involvement in community advocacy activities.
- Interact effectively with diverse populations
- Demonstrate ethical behavior.
- Apply service coordination/case management skills..
- Demonstrate self-assessment skills.
- Describe the philosophy and benefits of community support groups in the recovery process.
- Recognize stages of change and implement appropriate treatment strategies.