ATTENTION: College closed Wednesday due to severe weather. More
- Fill out an application with Columbus State Community College declaring your program of study to be "Medical Laboratory Technology". All applicants must declare Medical Laboratory Technology as their major with Records and Registration (location: Madison 201, phone: 614-287-2668).
- Before filling out the online application, read the MLT Program Admission Requirements listed below to make sure you meet all the requirements for admission. All applicants should be familiar with the information provided about the Medical Laboratory Technology Program from the departmental website: www.cscc.edu/mlt. Admission to the Medical Laboratory Technology Program is offered only during the Summer Term.
- Schedule an appointment with a Health Advisor in the Advising and Counseling Office
(location: Aquinas Hall Room 116, phone: 614-287-2668).
MLT Admission Requirements
- Submit an online application for the MLT Program by using the program website: www.cscc.edu/mlt. Deadline for submission is December 15.
- Completion of all MLT prerequisite courses by the end of the Autumn Semester prior to the spring admission date.
- Completion of MATH 1030 (MATH 103), with a grade of “C” or better, or equivalent college credit.
- High school Biology, with a grade of “C” or better, within the last five years, or completion of BIO 0100 (BIO100), with a grade of “C” or better, or equivalent college credit.
- Completion of CHEM 1113 (CHEM 113), with a grade of “C” or better, or equivalent college credit.
- Completion of MLT 1100 (MLT 100) with a grade of “C” or better
- Total grade point average of 2.5 or higher at CSCC or the school or college most recently attended (high school, vocational program, two-year or four-year higher education institution). If less than 12 credits have been completed at CSCC, the GPA from the most recently attended learning institution will be used for program admission purposes.
- Placement into English 1100
- Placement into No Reading Required: All applicants, except those with a bachelor's degree or higher, from accredited US colleges, or associates degrees from accredited Ohio colleges, must take the Reading Placement Test.
- Attend a mandatory MLT Program Information Session.
- Student cumulative GPAs from the Autumn Semester will be used for the ranking and selection of applicants.
Candidates Selected to the MLT Program
- Upon admission to the MLT program, applicants will be required to complete a drug screen and background check at the student’s expense. Drug Screen and Background Check Instructions
- Students who decline the offer of admission, or fail to respond to the offer, must re-apply to be considered for a future class. The student must meet the admission criteria in effect for that class.
- Students are responsible for maintaining awareness of the application procedures, the admission requirements and any changes made to those requirements. Any questions should be directed to the Medical Laboratory Technology Program office located on the third floor of Union Hall.
- Visit the Health Records Page and download the Med Laboratory form .