ATTENTION: College offices closed for business through Jan. 1. More.
Massage Therapy Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the Certificate Program or the Associate of Technical Studies Degree in Massage Therapy/Entrepreneurship, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate and be able to perform soft tissue manipulation techniques which may be appropriate for the use in the treatment of disorders of the human body.
- Effectively communicate the beneficial effects of massage to patients.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and appropriately treat disorders of the human body, which may benefit from massage.
- Display an understanding and demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain appropriate patient and business records.
- Display an understanding of skills necessary to establish and operate a massage therapy practice, or integrate into a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with other health care providers as to the advisability of massage.
- Display an understanding of and demonstrate the effective use of complementary therapeutic modalities in the treatment of ailments of the human body.
- Display an understanding of, and effectively educate patients in the proper care and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide therapeutic massage in accordance with the State Medical Board of Ohio scope of practice and the professional ethical standards as determined by the American Massage Therapy Association.