ATTENTION: College closed Wednesday due to severe weather. More
Beginning Autumn Semester 2014, Columbus State will offer an Honors Program, giving high-ability students the opportunity to join a community of like-minded individuals who desire the benefits of rigorous curriculum and heightened student/faculty interaction.
Honors Program Scholarship: Incoming freshmen admitted to the Honors Program will receive a $2,000 scholarship for their first academic year at Columbus State ($1,000 per semester). This scholarship is merit-based and renewable for a maximum of two years. No scholarship application is required, aside from the application for admission to the Honors Program. Honors Program application must be received by the priority application deadline of April 1, 2014 for guaranteed scholarship awards.
Columbus State Honors Students will benefit from:
- Faculty mentorship
- Co-curricular lectures and activities
- An array of Honors Courses
- Specialized research/project opportunities
- Honors designation on transcript and special recognition at graduation
- One-stop registration
- Students who complete the Honors Program will receive an honors diploma. Four-year colleges are continually recruiting outstanding community college students, and an honors diploma is a great way to get a head start on a four-year degree.
Admission to the program will be competitive and based on a student's academic credentials (GPA, ACT, SAT, class rank, and/or COMPASS scores) and application essays.
Honors Program Info Sessions
Columbus Campus Sessions:
Thursday, April 10th, 7:00-8:00pm
Regional Learning Center Sessions:
Tuesday, February 11th, 7:00-8:00pm, Dublin
Delaware Campus Session:
Saturday, March 22nd, 11:00-12:00pm, Room MO 111&112
Space is limited, register for an Honors Information Session here.