CougarWeb is temporarily unavailable. More
Columbus State's Honors Program gives high-ability students in Arts & Sciences, or Career & Technical programs the opportunity to join a community of like-minded individuals who desire the benefits of rigorous curriculum and heightened student and faculty interaction.
Applying to the Honors Program - Scholarships Available
The application period for the 2016/17 academic year is now open. Admission to the program is competitive and based on a student’s academic credentials (GPA, ACT and/or class rank) and essay.
Students who complete the Honors Program application and are admitted into the program will automatically be considered for an Honors Program scholarship (up to $2,000 per academic year, renewable for two years). No additional scholarship application is required.
Columbus State Honors Students benefit from:
- An Honors cohort of students who take Honors-level classes as a group
- Faculty mentorship, providing one-on-one interaction with your assigned faculty mentor
- Co-curricular lectures and activities
- Specialized research/project opportunities
- Field trip and travel opportunities
- Community projects and connections
- Scholarship opportunities
- Honors designation on transcript and special recognition at graduation
- Enhanced transfer opportunities to four-year colleges/universities
Honors course offerings include, but are not limited to:
If you're an incoming student you must meet at least one of the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- Earn an overall high school GPA of 3.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Rank in the top 15% of your high school graduating class
- Receive a score of 25 or higher on the ACT
- Receive a score of 1150 or higher on the SAT (Critical Reading and Math only) OR place at the MATH 1150 level on the COMPASS math placement test and score 94 or higher on the COMPASS reading and writing assessments
If you meet one or more of these criteria and are looking to challenge yourself academically, be part of a unique student community, and reach your highest potential, we encourage you to apply.