ATTENTION: College closed Wednesday due to severe weather. More
How Ford ASSET Works
To participate in the ASSET program, you will need to:
- Be sponsored by a Ford or Lincoln dealership (You are ultimately responsible for obtaining the sponsorship, but we will assist you in any way that we can. This is not a financial sponsorship).
- Cover program costs, including tuition, fees, books, and tools
- Be a conscientious and productive employee of your sponsoring dealership.
- Have a valid driver’s license with less than 6 points.
- Have the ambition to succeed in a challenging profession.
You and the dealer
Sponsoring Ford and Lincoln dealers play a vital role in ASSET. Each dealer:
- Interviews and selects prospective students for employment.
- Provides the work experience that reinforces classroom instruction.
- Pays you for working at the dealership.
- Supplies you with uniforms (in keeping with dealership policy).
Ford Motor Company's role
Ford is the driving force behind the ASSET program. The company:
- Is involved in ASSET instructor selection.
- Provides ASSET instructors with advanced technical training.
- Supplies Columbus State with training vehicles, components and training materials.