ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
Scope of Work
Sponsored by President Harrison, the CSCC Master Planning Project is designed to focus long-term planning efforts on defining the physical and operational improvements necessary to meet the needs of Columbus State students, faculty, staff and the community.
The scope of CSCC’s master planning effort is to:
1. Update demographics using 2010 census data.
2. Consider the most advantageous growth opportunities and characteristics of the Columbus Campus.
3. Explore the relationship between the Delaware Campus, the Columbus Campus, and other CSSC sites. In particular, explore the future role of the Westerville and Dublin sites vis-à-vis the Delaware Campus.
4. Analyze the College’s current use of its facilities, classrooms, laboratories, and office resources, and propose options for enhancing effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability.
5. Recommend a strategic approach to the use of existing and potential parking resources for the Downtown Campus and identify pedestrian-friendly access routes and additional green space.
6. Provide a plan for future land/facility acquisition linked to projected needs.
7. Strengthen the linkages between future facility development and institutional goals and priorities.
The final Master Plan shall include:
- A composite College Master Plan, integrating all of the major planning issues and providing design direction for the future development of the College;
- Land Use Plan, indicating potential building sites and anticipated use; and
- Land Acquisition Plan, identifying “areas of interest” near the campus for future expansion.