ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
Assessment FOR Student Learning
ASSESSMENT FOR STUDENT LEARNING provides a framework for continuous improvement of student learning and a commitment to program excellence. Our process provides evidence that:
- Learning outcomes are observable and are performed by the student;
- Curriculum alignment provides the opportunity for students to achieve these outcomes because the curriculum is driven by intended learning outcomes and assessment evidence;
- Learning opportunities are consistent and contribute to student learning; successful program completion provides students with the requisite skills and abilities described in the general education goals and are clear enough to be understood by our stakeholders; and
- Faculty teaching these courses provide students with multiple integrated learning opportunities to assure that students will be able to do outside the classroom (in context) with what they have learned through their learning experience
Departments across the college create an annual assessment plan, collect data and at the end of the year fill out annual assessment reports.
Resources for assessment on this web site include:
- Assessment and Validation Plans and Reports
- Assessment Handbook
- General Education Outcomes
- Rubrics to measure outcomes
- Assessment and validation report forms
- College and Department assessment committee minutes
- Additional resources for professional development on the assessment of student learning.